A nursery playmat is great for playtime with anyone, whether it’s in the nursery, the kitchen, or on the go. No matter how old your child is, infant playmats and playing help improve motor skills and increase curiosity and confidence.
As they grow, you can make changes to your infant’s play mat, adding in extra elements to stimulate their brains. For example, you could introduce:
- Hanging toys – This improves your child’s grasping skills and hand-eye coordination. This could also help them to focus on one thing rather than becoming overwhelmed by things around them.
- Bells and rattles - These help your child learn the simple concepts of cause and effect. For example, they learn that if they hit the bell, it makes a noise.
- Musical mobiles – Music has been proven to increase brain stimulation, and some mothers even believe playing music to their unborn babies in the womb could help too.
- Bright colours and shapes – Babies are born with very blurred vision, so it’s important that as they grow, they are able to distinguish different colours and shapes to improve this from a young age.
- Toys – Large infant playmats are also great for toddlers playing. They’re not into laying down with hanging toys as much and are more interested in toys, buttons, and other curiosities.
Our baby floor mats are both unisex and reversible so you can reuse them if there’s another new addition to the family. The high-quality materials and products are long-lasting, so you can use them for years to come. They’re also guaranteed to have no harmful chemicals and completely safe for your baby to enjoy. Even when they start to move around, they can learn on the mats where it’s softer when they fall.