Our Favourite Homemade Muesli Bars
I have shared my favourite Muesli Bar recipe on our Instagram a few times and since so many have been loving it, I thought I would put it together, here! You can never have enough food ideas.
These muesli bars are great to pop in your child’s lunchbox and bring out with you during the day, as well as have in the cupboard for those days when you need something quick but don't like packaged foods. The rice bubbles and chocolate chips are optional but it makes them so yum! A little touch of sugar doesn't hurt, right?
Enjoy and please let us know if you do try it by tagging us on Instagram @babylunoshop 😊
*Please note this recipe contains nuts (that may not be allowed in daycares and some schools).
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup (170g) honey
- 1/2 cup (125g) peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1 2/3 cups (150g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (50g) desiccated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups trail mix (mix of nuts, seeds and dried fruit)
- 1/3 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 cup (25g) puffed rice (rice bubbles or similar)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced). If using your own tin, grease and line a 28cm X 20cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper. Otherwise these work great in these silicone moulds: https://babyluno.com.au/collections/we-might-be-tiny/products/icy-pole-mould-pink
- Place the coconut oil, honey and peanut butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat until just melted and stir together.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt and brown sugar and mix together well.
- Add the rolled oats, coconut, trail mix, plain flour and puffed rice. Mix together.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and press down firmly and evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just golden. Allow to cool completely before cutting into slices.
If you're after a Bento lunchbox for your little one, we have tried and tested lots and these really take the cake: https://babyluno.com.au/collections/jordbarn/products/bento-lunch-box-blue